Thursday, 30 October 2014

Pink snake

When I saw this piece of fabric in the op-shop I had no idea what to make with it but I bought it anyway. It is slightly stretchy satin in snake skin print and it is PINK (I love pink!) At some stage I wanted to use it to line a jacket but changed my mind before cutting anything. A few weeks ago I went to my stash hoping to find a match for top 115 from Burda 6/2014 and decided to give it a go.

The results are ok. Not great, not amazing but ok. I made no changes to the pattern. It is a very easy make and it doesn't  take long - perfect instant gratification project. I should have used different fabric though...  I'll definitely make it again but in thinner and drapier fabric - it will look better. I will probably add 1-2 cm to the back piece as the back is a bit wrinkly. On the other hand it might be just the photo/pose thing. I was struggling with taking photos using timer and fighting with battery that was almost flat. Probably pulling it down on the back would solve the problem - I should have looked in the mirror first ;) Anyway here it is:


Hello! Thank you for visiting me :)